Sunday, September 6, 2015

Where to begin.....


So far the biggest hurdle on my wine journey has been where do I even start?

Do I get some wines for a “cellar” (aka my closet)? Do I buy multiple bottles of the same wine? Do I learn about a region or a grape or a winery? Do I just buy random bottles of different wines and see how that goes?

I finally settled on learning by grape! So here are the rules:

1) Learn about one grape a month

2) Try some representative wines with this grape

3) The wines have to be less than $15 - preferably less than $11

4) I get one bottle every two months to put into my “cellar” for later drinking - this bottle can be up to $25.

5) I’ll also try bottles of a “pet grape” throughout the months. Not sure how often this will change.

I’m open to suggestions for wine to try, questions to research, etc.
LETS DO THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment